I’m going to trial a new weekly ‘theme’ (for lack of a better word). Each weekend I want to write a post about what I’ve learnt this week. It can be as simple as learning a new shortcut key on in Excel or as big as learning a new life lesson.
The format will probably change each week, but the overall feel should be the same. I plan to use this weekly task as a way to help me appreciate my life and the little things that happen each week. It will be nice to look back at each week and have a record of the lessons I’ve learnt. So here goes week 1:
- Cherish your family. After a work colleague lost a loved one, it got me thinking about all the important people in my life. Remember to tell the people you love how much they mean to you.
- No matter who you are, work should never come before your real life. Just because thousands of people have paid big money to see you live on stage, doesn’t mean you should have to come to work that day. Whilst the majority of people support and agree with the decision to postpone the Rolling Stones concerts after this tragedy, I’ve unfortunately heard a few very selfish people whinge about it. Refer to the first point – family first!
- I’m better at my job than I thought!
- I enjoy writing, even though I have a long way to go! Not all blog posts have to be the size of an essay. When I was writing each post this week, I was so worried it wouldn’t be long enough. But guess what, its not about quantity, it’s about quality!
- Exercise is fun! I am sure I will look back on this one day and question if I was drunk or not when I wrote it…
So there you go, turns out I learnt a few things this week. Some profound, some a little less. Either way, it’s been a pretty good week but I’m so ready for the weekend and the chance to enjoy a little wine between friends.